Old October 18th 03, 04:34 PM
Matt Wiser

Declan O'Reilly wrote:
lekomin inc wrote:
a nice soul searching session

I agree that the Polish contribution to the

Iraqi Freedom might seem
pathetic to many people. But we have send

our finest (GROM is the finest of
the Polish military units). We have no resources

to send 10 thousand troops
neither now nor we will have itin 10 or 20

years. Polish troops went for the
Iraqi Freedom OP as we wanted to show that

we care. In reality US/UK would
have done the same, that is superb, without

Poles. Everybody knows that. But
in other times, maybe less fortunate for Poland

then right now, we might
need help from countries that don't really

need to help. We hope they will
help for seemingly idiotic reasons, the same

as Poland did in Iraq. Freedom
is not granted and you need to fight for it.
take care
lekomin inc

What is GROM anyways

I know that its english translation is storm
, but what exactly is the
unit. Is it a desant unit modeled after old
soviet formations , or is it
more like an american ranger unit.

Also what your guys did was outstanding , plus
your government for
sending them , it says more to send troops to
a combat theater , than
all the words in the UN.

Declan O'Reilly

Didn't the Poles help out the SEALs in seizing the two offshore oil terminals
before they could be blown? I recall news reports about the Poles securing
a platform at one of the terminals and finding the place all wired and ready
to go up. The folks who went must be their SEAL equivalent.