Old July 17th 03, 01:14 AM
Richard Kaplan

wrote in message ...

I wouldn't be so certain of that. Today's VNAV minimums are predicated on
IFR-certified Baro VNAV equipment, not WAAS. WAAS approaches have yet to

appear
from the FAA

From TERPS section 6:

NOTE: The published minima lines will identify required RNAV sensors; e.g.,
LPV, LNAV/VNAV (includes degraded WAAS and Baro VNAV), or LNAV (includes GPS
and WAAS without glidepath). A single RNAV
approach will be published depicting LPV and/or LNAV/VNAV, and/or LNAV
minimums where they share the same courses and altitudes.

I read this to say that if a CNX-80 is approved for WAAS approaches then it
could fly a current published RNAV (GPS) approach to VNAV minimums.

Again, however, I am unclear from UPSAT's data on its website and manuals
what the actual approved status is for the CNX-80.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com