Old January 14th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Default more confusion on cessna performance chart

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:56:46 -0800 (PST), terry wrote:

So why would the takeoff distance required vary with temperature at
the same density altitude?

I confess that I'm lazy today and didn't read what you said for
comprehension, but I will address the above statement.

DA mantra:
Density altitude is pressure altitude corrected for non-standard
temperature.

Ok, so if DA has been corrected for temperature, then we're done.

The "vary with temperature" part of your statement doesn't make any sense
if you are using DA, the temperature factor has been applied already. You
wouldn't apply temperature again to come up with an answer.

The statement above would make sense if you said: The takeoff distance
required will vary with temperature at the same "pressure altitude".

--
Dallas