Old April 8th 04, 01:32 PM
Checkursix

I believe that and the possibility of the way you did your lay-up. Did you
use a vacuum bag? That would compact the epoxy/CF!
VS 'Free Air' Lay-up....

Bob
"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
RKT wrote:

I have a finished CF sample, a common single-ply weave, that exhibits
extreme stiffness, 'thin-ness' and is very lightweight, it looks dry. I

have
molded a part using a similar weave, single ply, and do not get the same
stiffness. I can easily deform the finished part with a press of the

thumb.

I am not sure whether this is due to the epoxy type or my humble curing
process. I'm using Fibre Glast System 2000 and 120 minute hardener. I

let
the part cure for 12 hours at 110 DegF. The instructions on the can

discuss
postcure at 200 DegF and the resulting 'service temperature'.

If it is an Epoxy issue, pls describe and recommend an alternative

product.
If it is a postcure issue, when does 'postcure' begin - after my 12 hour
cure cycle? - which was loosely calculated based on instructions on the

can.

Any advice appreciated.

It's not about the epoxy, but the layers.

One layer has nothing to lean on.

Two layers pull against each other.