Old September 8th 04, 07:47 PM
Eric Greenwell

Mark Brown wrote:
Stewart,

Do you tie your own shoelaces? Or do you still wear
velcro shoes to avoid the danger of getting it wrong
01% of the time?

Automatic hookups are nice yes, but nothing is 100%
guaranteed. Hotelliers take a little longer and are
a little more fiddly but they aren't the factor on
which a glider should/shouldnt be bought.

It is for me. After 5000 hours, I know what I can and can't do reliably.
If you don't make mistakes with details, or don't expect to keep the
glider for more than a couple hundred hours, then maybe manual hookups
are OK.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA