Old December 26th 03, 01:11 AM
Peter Ashby

"Kevin Darling" wrote in message
om...
(Doug) wrote in message

. com...
I was flying east over Key West Florida when I saw what appeared to be
a freakin tall tower! It turned out to be a tetherd Zepplin anchored
at Sugar Loaf Shores Airstrip (7X1)! I was at 5000 ft and it was way
higher, and there were red lights on the cable, a green light at the
base. WHat the hell is that all about? Is there one there in real
life? Any FLorida residents out there? Never seen that one before....

I did a little Googling, and it looks like it must be the TV Marti
transmitter balloon at Cudjoe Key, FL, used to broadcast to Cuba.

Kev

Just flown by to take a look. It's at 14,000 ft and there is a good view of
Cuba from there.
Neat

Pete