Old May 2nd 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Child seat

I have always strapped my DoT approved child seat in the back of the
Cessna 172F. I take the holding strap and go over the seat and lock it
to where the seat belts are connected to the floor. My seat belts make
the connection right behind the seat. Very difficult to release the
seat belt to remove the child seat. I fly my grandchildren in it until
they out grew it. Now is use booster seats so they can see out.

Ross

P.S. Don't forget hearing protection. I made some adapters for my adult
headsets that worked just fine and the grandkids never were bothered
about wearing them.

Ross

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

We are considering a flight from the U.S. to Canada with our one-year
old. I am a bit confused by the FAR's regarding child seats. On the one
hand, it says that the child may be simply held by an adult, but then
it says if you use a child seat it must be approved for aircraft use.
Common sense would dictate that any child seat is better than nothing.
But the FARs seem to say that no seat is better than a car seat. Anyone
have experience with this?

How do the rules differ in Canada?