Old April 27th 07, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Albert Lea Soaring Contest Radio Interview

On Apr 26, 10:53 pm, "01-- Zero One" wrote:
I sort of liked the way he opened up the interview with "Hello,
World!!!"

:-)

Larry

" wrote in message

oups.com:

Paul,

This is a great interview. You did a wonderful job of explaining what
the contest is about. Your only slip up came early in the interview
when you couldn't convert meters to feet instantly in your head ...
I'm sure you'll spend the next few weeks memorizing conversion tables,
however.

Looking forward to the contest!

2c

On Apr 26, 3:56 pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

On April 19th at 1 AM (yes, 1 in the morning) I was interviewed on WCCO
Radio by Al Malmberg's "World of Aviation" radio show. We discussed the
upcoming Albert Lea Soaring Contests.

Being the father of young kids - I'm not used to being up at 1 AM, but
hopefully I don't sound too tired during the interview. I think it went
pretty well. I'm sure no one was listening when it was broadcast. Or at
least, no one called in with questions.

The great news is that the entire interview (1 hour show, minus commercials)
is available on the WCCO Radio web site hehttp://www.wccoradio.com/pages/3427.php?

To listen to the broadcast simply find the text shown below on the lower
right corner of the web page.
4-19-07 Al Malmberg's World of Aviation
Paul Remde, who runs the U.S. Open Class National Soaring Competition
(Sailplanes) which take place at the end of May in Albert Lea, joins Al on
the World of Aviation.
Then click on the triangular "play" button found below that text.

I'm really looking forward to the contest!!!!

Good Soaring,
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Serving the soaring communityhttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com
1-952-445-9033

Paul,

I just listened and Good Work! What an excellent way to promote the
sport.