Old March 7th 16, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default TOPMETEO support ??

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:58:00 PM UTC-8, Dan Daly wrote:
Well, the good news is your suggestion worked.

The bad news is that most of the forecast products are not available under the trial license. It would be wiser to open everything up to evaluate IMHO.

Tom

Tom,
What products are not available during the free trial period?
Tom Boise ID

It's easier to list what IS available:

Winds @ 3500 ft
Visible satellite
Site forecast at a worthless location

Basically, next to nothing.

Tom

I have everything - I input 3 locations (home airport, Ridge Soaring, Seminole Lake, to play with it (snow on the ground where I am)). All charts/winds/Possible flight distance, thermals, clouds, etc. are available.

Have you set up "my start page" "my locations" in "my account"? Have you edited "my weather" (set up "site forecast", "sat", "charts")? If you don't tell it what you want, it won't give it to you. Some up-front work deciding what you want (from a formidable selection) is necessary (if you select everything, it is pretty busy).

http://topmeteo.com/my/weather!uwe_help gives a step-by-step description of what to do, and in what order.

Yes, I have done all that. When I try to update my start page I get:

Your start page was successfully updated

Sorry, you don't have a valid subscription for the selected forecastregion.
We will only show you a forecast for a pre-selected location!