Old November 2nd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Flags of Our Fathers

She said they didn't really get too serious because she was a little younger
than he and they knew he was going to war, and but that they stayed in touch
for awhile during the war. Then, she said, "never heard anything more from
him." I didn't have the heart to potentially spoil the dinner by pointing
out the obvious; nor did I say any of the other thoughts that came to mind.
Just, "Wow. No matter what, he will always be a hero among Marines."

Half the guys in that picture were dead a week after it was taken. It
was a brutal battle.

I've got the book, and will be reading it soon. I've enjoyed other
books by James Brady, and a friend who attended the movie with us told
me that it's better than the movie (as always).
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA