Old September 1st 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Too Old?

In rec.aviation.owning Gezellig wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:12:54 -0400, Gezellig wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:25:08 GMT, wrote:

In rec.aviation.piloting Gezellig wrote:
Recently a 72 yo went blind in flight (stroke?) and safely landed in the
drink in FL. Several comments were that age should be considered in
keeping your PPL. I can see this makes sense /but/ it would prolly be
illegal.

Too old? If so, at what age do you place the cutoff?

When you can't pass the medical; that's what it is for.

Everyone's biology is different.

I think just about everyone knows people who are healthy as a horse
and in their late 80's and people who've dropped dead in their 50's.

Jim, the medical isn't much comfort imo. Yes, everyone is different and
the same. We all age..at differing rates, for sure. My concern is that
much like all kinds of Federal legislation that an age is picked which
envelopes those that do need to be out of the air with a majority that
do not.

Below is a perfect example of the aggressive behavior against GA pilots.
To think an age cutoff is unreasonable is to ignore the obvious.

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1201-full.html#198691

Did you actually read the article?

The pilot involved sued the government for damages.

The ruling was he wasn't due any damages since he could not show any
loss.

What has this to do with anything?

--
Jim Pennino