Old September 1st 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Too Old?

In rec.aviation.owning Gezellig wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 17:35:05 GMT, wrote:

In these litigious days it is highly unlikely there will ever be an
absolute cut off age for flying, driving, or anything else.

About the only reasons one exists for airline pilots is international
treaties and a general lack of interest.

I see little correlation to driving (a necessity) and flying (hardly
one) yet there have been attempts to enforce max driving age in many
states.

Look again.

Driving is a privilege by law in every state in the US; not a right,
not a necessity.

The legal status of private driving is no different then that of
private flying.

Every attempt to even enact a physical for driving past a certain
age has been shot down as age discrimination.

I *can* see that this age-PPL thing could easily become a political
football (Vegas for instance) where a very small minority takes it in
the chin "for the public good". hell, ppl don't want planes flying over
them for any reason, getting the codgers out of the air would get near
complete public approval imo.

The Vegas thing is nothing more than a local bureaucrat in the pocket
of developers shooting off his mouth.

Now, curious, how old are you? I'm mid 50s.

Early 60's.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.