Old September 2nd 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

Default Too Old?

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:29:23 -0600, Wayne Paul wrote:

When the fraud was noted a reverse check was made by the FAA. The results
are far above expectations.

As noted, it was proven in court that this cross check was in violation HIPA
legislation that protects the privacy of an individuals medical records.
Again the purpose was to identify fraud, not to remove pilots based on age.

Understand Wayne, all I am saying is that we have a general public
downturn in their opinion of GA. GA is an easy target, we have idiots
like the Vegas airport director looking for ways to undercut GA. Of the
ways, age cut-off dates appear to be one of the strong possibilities.
Who is going to cry foul if they shut down 80+ yos? How many 80+yo
pilots are there? 75yo? How much voice will they have against anti-GA
zealots?