Old July 16th 04, 09:49 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

I don't think I chastise myself. It is just the persistance of memory. I

did
what had to be done at the time. And I did it without reservation or

regret.
But I raised three children. When they were young I would play with them,

read
them stories give them hugs and kisses as a daddy does. But every now and

again
as I was doing this I would think of the bomb patterns over Cologne and

the
smoke and flames rising to 5,000 feet and wonder. And I am still

wondering. I
guess it is the occupational hazard of all bombardiers. The bombardier on

the
Enola Gay became a priest in Japan.

The bombardier on the Enola Gay, Thomas W. Ferebee, retired from the USAF as
a Colonel in 1970. After leaving the Air Force, he worked in real estate in
and around Orlando, Florida. He and his wife had four sons.