Old July 16th 04, 10:22 PM
B2431

From: "Steven P. McNicoll"
Date: 7/16/2004 3:49 PM Central Daylight Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

I don't think I chastise myself. It is just the persistance of memory. I

did
what had to be done at the time. And I did it without reservation or

regret.
But I raised three children. When they were young I would play with them,

read
them stories give them hugs and kisses as a daddy does. But every now and

again
as I was doing this I would think of the bomb patterns over Cologne and

the
smoke and flames rising to 5,000 feet and wonder. And I am still

wondering. I
guess it is the occupational hazard of all bombardiers. The bombardier on

the
Enola Gay became a priest in Japan.

The bombardier on the Enola Gay, Thomas W. Ferebee, retired from the USAF as
a Colonel in 1970. After leaving the Air Force, he worked in real estate in
and around Orlando, Florida. He and his wife had four sons.

One of the men from Doolittle's raid who survived Japanese captivity went back
to Japan as a missionary.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired