Old March 21st 20, 10:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathon May

Default Solo 2350D won't start

At 01:50 21 March 2020, Bob Gibbons wrote:
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 15:42:39 -0700 (PDT), BillT
wrote:

Our Duo's turbo has suddenly stopped working. It spins up ok at

55Kt when
decompressed
& continues windmilling when the decompression is released. The

engine
starts after 2 - 3
seconds, runs for 2 seconds then cuts out. After 1 - 2 seconds it

starts
again & the sequence
is repeated. It's as if the rpm cut out is operating (which happens

if the
revs exceed 6500)
but I'm certain that's not happening & have been careful to

ensure the
speed doesn't exceed
60Kt. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

About 10 years ago I had a similar issue with my Ventus cT (same
engine, but direct drive). Problem turned out to be the impulse fuel
pump diaphragm that had gotten stiff with age. A simple job to

replace
(provided you can get the parts). 10 years ago parts were not an
issue, now, I am unsure. I so have photos of the replacement

procedure
if interested.

Bob

I think the 5 year check has a replacement for the diaphragm ,so
they are an obvious known fault.