Old January 19th 20, 11:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

Default ballpark cost to install a towhook on a C182?

Check advisory circular 43.13. It shows Tost and Schweizer. Mentions STC or field approval.

Cessna has it's own Cessna part number for the Schweizer hook. So possible no STC req'd. Cessna also offers the installation drawings for Cessna part number hook to 182.

So I think the log book entry goes something like...Cessna part ##### installed IAC with Cessna drawing #####, and AC43.13.

The drawing limits the "pull" to 1200 lbs. So you need either a pretty thin rope or weak links. Perhaps it limits the towing of a really heavy two seater?

Cookie

On Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 1:39:02 AM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
I am thinking it might need an A&P sign off as a minor alteration but who in the hell wants to tow with a Schweizer hook?