Old January 21st 20, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default wanted, a tail dolly for a Grob 103 Twin II

On Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 10:04:13 AM UTC-5, Scott Williams wrote:
My club wants a cuff style tail dolly for a Grob 103A twin II
Scott,
Oklahoma Soaring Assc.

This may sound like the typical R.A.S. diversion, but... are you sure you want one for a Twin II? By-and-large, they are pretty light on the tail so that they are easily maneuvered on the line or at tiedowns by just two people.

On the other hand, the Twin Astir (the earlier taildragger model) is a real beast and needs a good tail dolly. We have both the conventional cuff version and the one that slips into the built-in "bunghole" in the aft fuselage. There are pros/cons to both.

P3