Old August 1st 03, 09:45 PM
kevin

Dennis O'Connor wrote:
You are joking, right?
Look, the Maule is a fine airplane and does it's thing well, which is short
field and grass operations... It is not a turbine bird, and installing one
is a waste of money... Unless you are going into the bush of africa or asia
where 100LL is not available, stick to the Lycoming...
Denny

I was not talking about a conversion, you can buy a new Maule from the
factory with the Allison engine. I was looking at the difference of
cruise speed 164 with the Lycoming as opposed to 190 with the Allsion.
The 2800 fpm climb is also tempting.

"kevin" wrote in message

Does anyone have any experience with the Maule with the Allison turbine
engine ? The Maule with the Lycombing IO-540 is $170.M , where the
MT7-420 is going for $470.M new. I would have to add about $75.M in
options for either bird. What do you think about the Allison turbine in
a Maule ?

Thanks