Old April 8th 05, 05:45 AM
Highflyer

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
news:JuS4e.23$Xm3.18@trndny01...
I burn fuel from the tank that the minute hand on my clock is pointing to.
That way I can always tell by looking if I remembered to switch tanks last
1/2 hour.

My tie-down is fifty feet from the runway. I don't switch tanks on the
ground for this reason. I'd hate to switch to a bad one only to find out
at
100' that it's bad. I'd rather find out 1/2 hour later, at several
thousand
feet. My opinion will probably change the first time I find bad gas in one
of my tanks.

One little trick I learned after picking an airplane up from a hayfield
because the fuel selector shaft broke. Never switch fuel tanks unless you
can see a place to land about one minute ahead! :-) Airports are best, but
any good field will do.

Highflyer
Highflight Aviation Services
Pinckneyville Airport ( PJY )