Old May 29th 16, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Why no LX Nav Nano IOS App?

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 2:03:10 AM UTC-7, waremark wrote:
Last year I asked Andrej of Naviter whether there would be an iOs version of Oudie Liverpool and he said no. There was a specific reason. Sorry, I cannot remember why that was going to be much more difficult for them than an Android version. I think it may have been due to a different Bluetooth implementation.

I changed from my iPhone 5 to a Galaxy S6 and am pretty happy. I believe my Oudie IGC is pretty much the same device as a Nano3 except for the screen size.

Apple is very possessive of their Bluetooth interface. Not many devices are approved to use it. I'm not sure why - maybe thew view it as a security risk - but wifi is open.