Old September 28th 09, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
D Ramapriya

Default ILS approach to near minimums - Video

On Sep 28, 8:36*am, Clark wrote:
D Ramapriya wrote in news:2f5fa47a-a9a0-4d76-897e-
:

Jeez, in most videos I've seen of yours, the stall horn has sounded
just before touchdown. I bet you like hairy landings

Just an educational point: a perfect landing includes a full stall about a
foot off the ground. Typically the stall horn will sound about 5 to 10 knots
above the actual stall. Alan's landings appear to be quite good.

In other words, there is no harm in stalling within a few inches of the
runway. On the other hand, there can be great harm in attempting to land way
to fast.

Thanks, mate. Won't this lead to dodgy finals in a situation where the
headwind tails off for some reason (a gust or some such)?

Ramapriya