Old January 20th 07, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Al Camp

Default some of the 2nd~4th Aust Field Regt pose with their gear for their first ever drop - into Nadzab, Sep '43

Dave,
Nadzab is the airfield my uncle flew an A-20 Havoc out of. He died when he crashed
into the high mountains that surround Nazdab during a return from a training run, during
very bad weather. The 2 other crew members survived... and his crash site is documented
on the Ghosts of the Pacific web site (and the CD).
I try to collect anything I can about Nadzab (I've seen it as Nazdab in several places
on the web). Thanks for the post!
Al Camp

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

Cheers