Old January 20th 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default some of the 2nd~4th Aust Field Regt pose with their gear for their first ever drop - into Nadzab, Sep '43

Al Camp wrote:
Dave,
Nadzab is the airfield my uncle flew an A-20 Havoc out of. He died
when he crashed into the high mountains that surround Nazdab during a
return from a training run, during very bad weather. The 2 other
crew members survived... and his crash site is documented on the
Ghosts of the Pacific web site (and the CD). I try to collect
anything I can about Nadzab (I've seen it as Nazdab in several places
on the web). Thanks for the post! Al Camp

Thanks Al,

I'll keep an eye out for any more Nadzab and SWPA Havoc pics. I am sure
we all appreciate your uncle's sacrifice.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton