Old April 25th 11, 12:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Sojourner

Default ID anyone? - 1 attachment

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:09:59 +0200, "tony.anquetil"
wrote:

This plane is a Blackburn Bucaneer. It was the main attack aircraft aboard
the conventionnal carrier of the Royal Navy.

When the last carrier was scrapped, they were transferred to RAF. In case of
a war against the Warsaw pact, they would have carried anti-ship missions
with the Sea Eagle missile. The 1991 Gulf war might be its last deployment.

I apologize for my English. May you correct the sentences?

Another thought. If you haven't done so already, take a look on
Youtube. There are several Buccaneer shots there.

Sojourner