Old April 6th 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Schempp-Hirth 2a/2b cockpit fit vs ASW-20?

I transitioned from the ASW-20 to the Discus 2b. I'm just under 6' and 200 pounds (14 stone+ to you Brits). Coming from a long line of blacksmiths, I have rather wide shoulders!

The ASW-20 was a tad roomier than the Discus 2b, but I find my new ship very comfortable and quite wide enough. Also the ventilation is definitely a lot better. I have sat in a 2a - briefly! I would not survive long.

It all depends on your body shape.

You'll only miss the flaps when landing.

Mike