Old April 16th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default About digital meters

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 02:46:55 GMT, cavelamb
wrote:

Still looking for a good mechanical volt meter for my plane.

Had to make do with an electric one, but still looking...

Describe your needs; they are easily available, but prices are not low
anymore with mechnical things costing more than electronic.

Stacked LEDs with whatever resolution wanted is a compromise I've seen
implemented in lots of INDUSTRIAL displays. I even saw one with an
arc of pixels which seemed even better than a meter; the digital value
was within the arc.

I've done meters that read from 21 to 26 volts to put on control
panels for equipment using a "nominal" 24V.

Have a good day,

George