Old June 21st 04, 09:20 PM
Greg Copeland

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:57:37 +0000, Juan Jimenez wrote:

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in
:

What does the price of a plane have to do with its airworthiness?

Maybe the fact that price is usually a measure of "suitability for a
purpose"?

Really? On what planet, Tom?

Ya, I had this same thought. Price rarely is a measure of suitability for
a purpose. I agree with ya. In fact, suitability, quality, price, and
popularity often have little to do with each other.

When did the FAA include price of the airplane in its definition of
airworthiness?

It doesn't, "economic reality" does.

Boy, you sure have an active imagination. Of course, this only applies to
the resale price of an airplane, doesn't it? It doesn't apply to the
acquisition price, because then, according to your rules, anything goes,
doesn't it? Capitalistic airworthiness at its best?

I know. It's kind of funny. Accordingly, if we run with his logic, there
are never deals to be had in aviation. In fact, we can ignore every
social issue which affects mankind such as money problems, loss of
interest, medical problems, or desire to rapidly acquire another
possession. Nope, paying absoluete top dollar is the only way to aquire
anything of worth. I wonder if he purchased anything other than new, and
paid above sticker to boot? If he did, he clearly got ripped off.

Just having some fun with the obvious, which was seemingly overlooked
in the grandparent message.

Cheers,

Greg