Old March 7th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Software for flight planning????

In a previous article, "Prop" said:
good computer based flight planning but don't know what to go with. I will say I have a
subscription with aeroplanner. I don't like how long it takes to view maps. I would like the
ability to easily add a point, and I like it to automatically suggest a route.

It does. At least in the "Pro Flight Planner" (I can't get the "New Pro
Flight Planner" to work). You put in your start and end points, click
"update", then look down below the "Create and Edit Points" block where it
says "Auto-route". Choose "Low-Altitude Airway", and click "Auto-Route"
and it will give you a decent route. Also, if you turn on "rubber
banding", you can easily click and add or move points.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Go go Gadget kernel compile!" - Chris "Saundo" Saunderson