View Single Post
Old September 4th 12, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy
external usenet poster

Default PowerFLARM protocol version 6

On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:11:46 AM UTC-7, kirk.stant wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:34:43 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:

" The PCAS range ring goes red when indicating a conflict. Thanks to the local helicopter traffic I have photos of that. Trouble is that, when the conflict exist, the range ring is very small and not very attention getting."

That's what I'm seeing too. And the red sometimes turns to black after awhile, then becomes red again when it refreshes the target info, apparently.

Bottom line - the warning cues for a near (altitude & slant range) PCAS target are poor at present, but should be fixable.

Hope Butterfly and/or PowerFLARM USA is reading this.

Kirk

I doubt Butterfly or Powerflarm USA is reading this, otherwise they would have responded. They should provide a forum for such discussion which they will monitor. However some of the readers such as Dave are affiliated with PowerFlarm so hopefully can discuss those issues with them. There was definitely feedback with the antenna installation issues. Speaking of which, I am getting very good reception (5+ miles in front,2+ miles behind)with my antennas installed in the nose of my 27 which is carbon free, so before you decide to stick a bulky antenna in front of your eyes, I suggest experimenting with cleaner installation.

Ramy