Old July 11th 03, 07:22 PM
Jay Honeck

A couple years ago my city bought a privately-owned airport (City of
Wichita
Falls TX, Kickapoo Airport T47) amid lots of political controversy that

the city
would be "subsidizing rich people's toys". But the airport has been

profitable
for the city, not only paying *all* its operating expenses, but also the

past
year's budget reports show the airport funneling about $77K profit back

into the
city's general funds. Surely Iowa City's airport, if managed wisely, ought

to be
able to support itself as well.

I would be interested to see a financial statement for that airport. How
are they doing it?

Other than airports with commercial airline (either passenger or freight)
operations, I've never seen one that makes a "profit" yet.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA