Old March 24th 05, 07:31 AM
Roger

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:44:56 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

George Patterson wrote in
:

AOPA warns that someone is trying the scam of spamming pilots
saying that MBNA needs for them to verify their account info.
These mails are not from MBNA. Do not click on the link.

I've discovered that most of them come from Korea and China. They pick
the images from a legitimate site but post your information to some
site in Seoul.

What? The South African connection is missing?

I assume that tracing such transaction would be fairly easy; is the problem
then that the host COUNTRIES are the laggards here in enforcing fraudulent
activity?

I can't recall any news about prosecutions for this "industry" that is
ripping off $$BILLIONS.

Very few are prosecuted, but they are making millions.

I guess the "zero tolerance" for pot users is MUCH MORE important.

Tis a bit difficult to grab someone out of a thrid world country.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com