Old March 26th 05, 03:55 AM
Prowlus

"billwg" wrote in message . ..
"Phormer Phighter Phlyer" wrote in message
news:1111761559.0e0503859a6e2ac0ce17c1dd38cf9788@t eranews...
Dave in San Diego wrote:
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/baddecklanding.html

Other link? Or can you describe. My 'plugins' won't let me view it.

This is the VFA-15 Valion episode on the USS John F. Kennedy during workups
for their 1997 cruise. The AP made an overly aggressive correction in the
wires, apparently forgetting SA due to a, some say, over stressful late
lineup call by the LSO. There was a discussion a while back on this when
the clip was cited on some other aviation photo site. No disciplinary
action for the pilot or the LSOs resulted. Just a bad day on the JFK.

What did they call the pilot after that ? "Twister" , "Weaver" "Zigzag"?