Old July 29th 05, 04:49 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"PPT33R" wrote in message
oups.com...
The one thing that really ****ed me off this year (and I will proceed
to rant about) was the invasion of the 'obese scooter people'. I don't
ever remember getting run down by OSP in the past at OSH. There is now
a large 'scooter rental' right inside the gates. Granted, some people
actually NEED these things to get around, but I didn't see any, and I
doubt they would hold an airman's certificate. They were ALL George
Costanza wannabes (recall the Seinfeld episode with the 'great scooter
chase'), and I don't think ANY were paid EAA Members. So, EAA won't let
me ride my bicycle from the far end of the North 40 to the Forum
Pavillions, but OSP can run people down in the exhibit hangars and go
wherever the hell they want? It makes NO sense to me, I am more afraid
of the 300lb'er not looking where they are driving their scooter. I
made a comment to EAA about this, it really bothered me. If you have a
note from your doctor, OK, but just being lazy ****es me off. If the
invasion of the OSP continues, it will eventually be enough to dissuade
me from attending in the future...

They should be more highly regulated that DC airspace. The scooter store has
obviously hired a top dog salesman in my area. From nowhere there are now at
least 40 in this town of 25K. They drive on the roads. They were riding the
little Satan scooters on the main 5 lane avenue until the police put a stop
to it but they still cross it during rush hour.

As far as OSH I think the answer would be a retractable blade in your shoe.
Just pop it out and kick the tire.