Old January 17th 10, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
delboy

Default Global Warming/Climate Change (was contrails)

On 17 Jan, 08:04, Tom Gardner wrote:

After a month in a mini ice age, the UK winter weather has become its
normal mild and moist self, so the Gulf Stream must still be working.
So sorry polar bears, your habitat range won't be extending to the
British Isles yet!

Derek Copeland

I wrote nothing whatsoever that would justify your comment,
nor did I imply it.

Your attempt to associate me with such ignorant concepts
(not knowing the difference between climate and weather)
is offensive. *Please do not do it again*.

Unfortunately this kind of misrepresentation and
cherry-picking data appears to be all too prevalent
in the denialist community. Anybody reading your
comments with an open mind would start to doubt your
sincerity. It does the denialist cause no good whatsoever.- Hide quoted text -

Being a bit touchy aren't we Tom? If you want to present AGW/Climate
Change as a religion (which it seems to have become), then I am
neither a believer or a disbeliever (denialist), but an agnostic. The
latest data on World temperatures, which show a slight cooling, do not
correlate with the theory, so that is why.

Unfortunately the UK Government have taken AGW into its policies, so
they have introduced various taxes and duties that are based on CO2
emissions. They are therefore trying to control and tax our population
based on an unproven scientific theory, which is what I particularly
object to!

Derek Copeland