Old March 17th 04, 03:04 PM
Bill Denton

Well, we're damn sure keeping those folks who run flea markets and other
small cash businesses under control!

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Bill Denton" wrote in message
How long ago?

Did you withdraw the money from a financial institution or was it in a

safe
or something similar?

Bill Denton wrote:

Couple of points:

The form had nothing to do with the bank. I guess you missed it, but 10

or
15 years ago regulations went into effect that required anyone

withdrawing
$10,000 or more from a financial institution had to fill out a form and

the
feds had to be notified of the transaction. The idea was to cut down on

the
drug trafficking and money laundering. Of course, your average coke

dealer
simply withdrew $9,995, went outside for a smoke, then came back in and

got
the other $5.00. So much for that idea!

Now they track anyone making more that $xxxx worth of withdrawals/deposits
over a certain time period.

It's had a really significant impact, hasn't it.