Old September 4th 11, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Clarke

Default ClearNav vs. LX 9000

At 03:36 04 September 2011, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 9/2/2011 4:14 PM, PCool wrote:

It is interesting to note, and visible in the LX Navigation brochure,
that the software adopted for MiniMap is.. LK 8000 .
It does look like an LX 8000, in fact. But it is not!

Another one that seems like a pretty interesting option is the new LX
Navigation's MiniMapPro.

An interesting variation, but it still sounds like they do not intend to
limit it to one software solution. From their PDF brochu

"Suggested navigation SW is LX version of LK 8000 (derivate of XCsoar)"

"SeeYou Mobile can be also used as a navigation SW solution."

email me)

I am running an LX8000 with stick controller, flarm, voice and the AH
module, with the LX Navigation (not LX Nav) vario. I have just installed an
LX Mini Map as an additional screen running off the LX8000 output. There
are a couple of pictures of my panel on

http://www.lxavionics.co.uk/variometers.htm

I am running the latest beta version of LK8000 (LPCool's work) so it is an
interesting comparison to the LX8000. The whole LX8000 system is superb,
and the screen is very bright and clear. I just wish I had room for the
LX9000. The LX Mini Map display is far better than any PDA or PNA I have
used or seen, but as a touch screen it is not as bright as the LX8000.
However, it is very daylight useable and LK8000 runs well on it.

What I particularly like about the LX8000 is the ability to edit the
existing screens and program up new screens to do virtually anything you
want. LK8000 has some scope for tailoring the data and the display, but the
LX8000 is very good indeed for this. The airspace warnings on the LX8000
are excellent, at the moment not at this level on the LK8000 but as a new
user I have noted how much development continues to take place on the
LK8000 system and I expect this to improve further.

Mike