Old August 19th 03, 02:57 AM
Steve Waltner

In article , Anne-Marie Maddison
wrote:
The weight and balance computer programme at the flight school i use
calculates it all for you . Basically you put in weights of pilot /
passenger , fuel and any baggage (this is for a R22 ).The fuel amount can be
to max take off weight -what weight is left between the max take off weight
and the weight of the heli ,people and baggage.This programme then gives you
weight and balance at take off and at landing with 5 gallons left on board
.you should always try and land with approx 5 gallons incase a divert is
called at any time . So,your take off and landing weight and balance is
callculated for you.
Now i am going to aasume the following ,if your weight and balance is ok for
take-off and landing then i would presume you do not check in flight because
you are checking the 2 extreme parameters and these are ok.
In the case of me and my heavy friend we were out of balance on take-off and
out on balance on arriving with 5 gallons om board calculated.thats why we
switch machine and went for a short flight.
Cheers
Ben

http://homepage.mac.com/swaltner/flying/

I've posted it before, but this page has a Excel spreadsheet that I
developed on it. It does the W&B calcs for a R-22. It calculates the
max fuel you can carry on board and stay under the max gross weight. It
will plot the "full" and empty fuel points on fore/aft & right/left CG
charts. I've found that the R-22 helicopters that I flew could cary
about 430 pounds pilot/passenger/baggage before being outside of the
forward CG range. Please verify all calculations done by the
spreadsheet before flight.

Steve