Old April 9th 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default X-plane vs FS2004

FS2004 has better graphics and Air Traffic Control, while X-plane has more
accurate flight dynamics.

I use FS2004 for instrument practice and VFR cross-country touring. The
flight dynamics are smooth and pleasing for the most part; sometimes
unrealistically smooth. It doesn't work well for stalls, which also rules
out spins and most aerobatics.

I use X-plane for helicopters, especially since FS2004's formulas don't
allow autorotation at all.

Then I got Silent Wings for soaring and haven't used the other two in
months. I must be crazy :-0
--
Thanks,
Marc
wrote in message
ups.com...
I just came across a rave review of X-plane by Richard Collins, so was
curious how well it compares to FS2004 in terms of realism, anybody who
has used both? I have used FS2004 and its a pretty decent product and
fun to play with, but was wondering if X-plane is better.

thanks