Old March 20th 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

Default Pattern work - Video

On Mar 20, 5:54*pm, a wrote:

Perfect sel landings, *in my opinion, are *touch downs so that neither
throttle or brakes to make the turnoff you want. Oh, and of course to
leave the airplane in a reusable condition, too (had not heard that
comment before, but be assured, I'll be repeating it at every
opportunity).

Absolutely agree A. And if there were people in the pattern with me,
I wouldn't be doing these shenanigans.

If I know a transient is coming in, I have exited the pattern, do a
360 to re-join so he can get in front. If I know somebody needs to
get out, I just extend downwind for 17 (can't do that for 3) at my
airport because of the inner core of KJAN Charlie). After all, I am
just practicing, and I am in no hurry, so why not be a good neighbor.

Especially at controlled airports, I try to adjust my landing to where
I need to turn off. It's faster to fly then to taxi, so why not fly
as far as I can.

Though, not quite that good in my spot landings to roll out to my
turn :-))) sans brakes....

And yes, gear intact after landing always makes for a good ending LOL