Old June 30th 17, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default New House Thermal

On Friday, June 30, 2017 at 4:16:52 AM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 17:02:56 -0700, JS wrote:

Just got off the roof, where I measured my installation with an IR
thermometer. Believe that's what Bob meant by heat gun.

Exposed roof: 135 to 140F, 57 to 60C Shaded roof: 100F, 38C.
PV panels: 120F, 49C

Do you know what the electrical output from your panels was at that time?
Watts/m^2 would be v.interesting.

Just curious. I thought about fitting solar electric and/or water heating
panels to my roof a while back, but its a non-starter because the town
council owns a row of very large oaks just over my southern fence (10m
from the house), and I haven't a cats chance in hell of getting them
trimmed.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Didn't look, Martin.
The system has been in so long that as a rule I don't think about it any more. This was a test for the temperatures, for anyone who'd like to calculate if thermals would be better or worse.
Jim