Old October 25th 20, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hugh Grandstaff[_3_]

Default The Apology

Chip,
"...have become weak and lost focus on what is important, wasting time on petty stuff [yeah, this mutual respect stuff is pretty f***ing petty]"
1. There is no need to use swear words to make your point (asterisks do not hide the real word).

2. I have not and will not support anything that promotes disrespecting women.

3. I do not think there was any "malicious attempt" by the ad submitter to squeeze in a sexist nostalgic ad. Nowadays, everyone is super conscious not to do anything to offend anyone, where even innocent things may be deemed evil.

4. I showed my wife the image and she did NOT find anything objectionable with it.

5. And yes, I still stand firmly by my opinion "...have become weak and lost focus on what is important, wasting time on petty stuff". - America, as a nation is destroying itself from within. We will NOT need our enemies (Russia, Iran, N Korea, etc.) to do it for us. If there is anything to worry, whine, or complain about, there are much bigger things than the image in question.

Just to make sure I clearly understand your positions he

A group of women write to the editors of a small magazine expressing their displeasure at an advertisement. They are taken seriously, and a considerate apology is published in the same magazine.

-"America has lost focus on what is important and is wasting time on petty stuff! America, as a nation is destroying itself from within. We will NOT need our enemies (Russia, Iran, N Korea, etc.) to do it for us. If there is anything to worry, whine, or complain about, there are much bigger things than the image in question."

Somebody uses asterisks in place of writing what you consider fowl language (because clearly the word was duck...see what I did there?)

-"THERE IS NO NEED TO USE SWEAR WORDS TO MAKE YOUR POINT"

People on here compared women to Nazis, Fascists, whores, and wished they were more subservient because they were willing to voice their discomfort about an advertisement.

Did I get that right?