Old August 5th 03, 08:16 PM
mtmueller

I ditched my old Lightspeed 20s for Peltors. Not quite as posh on the
softness, but very light and IMHO superior sound with my Sirius Satellite
Radio on the Garmin 340, and the PNR/ANR was quite impressive. Plus their
design appears far more rugged, and I have used Peltor products for shooting
for years with great PNR performance.

I got $75 rebate at OSH by taking my receipt from the Pacific Coast Avionics
booth and showing to the guys at the Peltor booth...

I ended up paying MUCH less than I would have for 30Gs...

YMMV

Mark
Tiger N1533R

"Peter R." wrote in message
ds.com...
Jack McAdams ) wrote:

The very helpful lady at Lightspeed,
I forget her name (darn it) asked what the 20XL had going on that
needed a refurb. I explained that the earpiece cover was delaminating.
She suggested that I hold off on the upgrade and she would send me
replacement earpieces.

As an owner of both a 25XL and a Thirty 3G, I must say that therein lies
the issue. I have had to perform two home repairs to my 25XL (broken
headband and internal screw holding mike boom came off) and I have had to
exchange three different *new* Thirty 3Gs (two for intensely loud

squealing
and one for loud static when the ANR was active). I have about 350 hours
with the 25XLs and about 2 hours with the Thirty 3Gs.

Naturally, all of the above problems first surfaced as I was flying, which
made for an uncomfortable moment while I resorted to a backup pair. The
amount of time I spent talking to their award-winning customer service (no
sarcasm here), packaging up and shipping back headsets, and performing the
repairs myself is now being measured in hours.

Due to this accumulated aggravation, I am very close to selling them both
on eBay and purchasing a new Bose headset.

--
Peter