Old September 2nd 03, 08:11 AM
Worrybird

close every damn unneeded background program
Yep, did that. - No Effect

The over 512 meg memory thing

Changed the msconfigAdvancedLimit memory to 768 - No Effect
Took out a stick of Ram - No Effect
Checked the Ram with SiSoft - OK

I seem to be able to run it at 800x600x16 ---- it feels like the driver
doesn't like FS2004

Sigh!

Is anyone else having a lock up problem or is it just me?

"JAD" wrote in message
link.net...
close every damn uneeded background program.....as someone said clear old

drivers out....i like to go into safemode then the device
manger and clear all ghost drivers of hardware no longer used on the

system. The over 512 meg memory thing can be solve by entering
a line in the vcache entry in sys.ini.

"Worrybird" wrote in message

link.net...
As a newcomer to the Radeon club, I have a strong urge to drop kick it

back
to the store. I would be overwhelmingly happy if the screen flickering

was
all that was wrong with it... I envy you guys.

This thing freezes in FS2004. It freezes if you put up the frame rate
counter. It freezes in 30 sec if you put up the "Select Aircraft"

window.
Sometimes it freezes just for fun. If you are really gentle with it you

can
get 30 minutes of flight out of it.

FS2002 runs pretty well with an occasional freeze up.

I'd like to keep the card because the screen output is excellent.

I am running the ATI Radeon 9600 with the CATALYST Windows 98/ME 3.6

drivers
on a Windows 98 platform with a AMD Barton 3200 with 768 megs of PC3200

and
a brand new Antec 350w power supply.

So, is there a magic setting I can use to stop this madness?