Old November 1st 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Jay Honeck

Default "The Kiwi" is born!

I'm new to this group, so you'll pardon the intrusion (I usually hang
out over on rec.aviation.piloting), but I thought this might be of
interest to flight simulator aficianados:
************************************************** ************************************************** ****

Our new flight simulator cockpit -- quickly dubbed "The Kiwi" by its
creator -- has arrived at our aviation themed hotel!

See it he

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/the_kiwi_is_born.htm

Keith, our A&P mechanic (and designer of The Kiwi) is simply
remarkable. He is able to think and "see" 3-dimensionally, and was
thus able to cut and weld an ergonomically-correct "cockpit" that
incorporated our CH-brand rudder pedals and yoke, along with an
electrically adjustable seat, height-adjustable yoke mount, and wheels
(so that the whole contraption can be moved about easily. Being made
from steel, it is HEAVY) in just a matter of hours -- all without
plans!

Most amazing of all -- he refused to take any money for it, saying that
he just "threw it together" from "old parts laying around the
hangar"... THAT is true friendship -- and I think our "Kiwi" beats
the "Instant Cockpit" that retails for hundreds of dollars!

Stop by the Alexis Park Inn & Suites, in Iowa City, IA, some day, and
I'll let you take 'er for a spin...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck