Old September 11th 04, 09:44 PM
Andrew Gideon

Jay Honeck wrote:

For a variety of reasons I would like to stick with a web-based
(rather than Outlook or Outlook Express email) solution. I have looked
at using Yahoo Groups, but have rejected them as being overly
complicated to "join." (Many of our members are getting up there in
years, and even basic email can be a challenge for them, let alone
trying to figure out how to "join" a Yahoo group.)

I am looking for a way to send "group" email updates to large numbers
of members. Unfortunately, my ISP's (Mediacom) group email software
is so laced with anti-Spam measures that it is essentially useless to
me. (The killer: It limits the number in a group to 25 or less, etc.)

I don't quite follow what you're trying to do. In the first paragraph, you
speak of using a web-based solution. In the second, you speak of email.

If you're looking for a web-based solution, there are numerous free "message
board" packages floating around. Some of these (depending upon
technological compatibility) could likely be installed onto your ISP's web
site. You're already ahead of the game, in that you have a web site (and
therefore a "web site provider"). In fact, they may have some
recommendation as to a tool they know works well and is suitable for their
servers.

- Andrew