Old June 27th 03, 05:54 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

Phil Miller posted
:

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:19:34 GMT, Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" posted
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" posted
CJS wrote:
Bill Silvey wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote
"Tarver Engineering" posted
"Bill Silvey" wrote

Caught "Bridges at Toko Ri" today on AMC.

Good, good stuff.

"Where do we get men like that?"

Not from your gene pool.

Snort! Yeah, we expect great things to come from Tarver's
genetic poultry experiments!

He's already got some of his offspring signed up for College,
dontcha Splaps Boy?

Heh. Tarver slagging me over a Bridges at Toko-Ri quote.
That's *funny*, considering he's insulted both Art Kramer and
Ed Rasimus, two people who have most assuredly been there and
done that. As if Tarver would know what kind of man it takes
to do the job they've done.

Ah well, thanks for replying to his post; at least I got to see
what sort of drivel he spewed...

Ask him about...

...how the WWII Avenger bomber was powered by jet engines
...how pitot tubes are only used on turbine planes
...how mud wasps clog pitot tubes with alarming regularity
...how the pitot tube is actually the P1T0 tube
...how spoilers create negative lift
...how wings on racecars are actually spoilers
...how Budweiser is the best-selling beer in Australia
...how a non-existant section of TWA800 was the problem ...how
Kapton is a conductor, not an insulator

Splaps Boy's assessment of TWA 800 --

"The flight crew was electricuted by the electrical fault of 140
ampres of three phase under the flight deck floor".

Snort! I never saw that one!

Posted in a.d.a about 2 years ago!

Sometimes I just have to take a break from Tarver. He's kind of the
Black Forest Gateau of loons. Just too rich.

Bwahahahahaha!! Look for that in the Tarver page of the FAQ. :-)

I'm honored!

Bertie

Under B.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~phil...AQ/ADA_FAQ.htm

Phil
--
Great Tarverisms #4

The pitot tube was added to the first American jets to prevent the
kind of failures that killed an entire squadron off Florida. Without
P1 and T0 a jet will stall in fog.

Thanks to both of you for playing.

John

rec.aviation.military

\ Bertie the Bunyip \ _ ______ |
\ \ / \___-=O`/|O`/__|
\ AAS 001 \_______\ / | / )
/ / `/-==__ _/__|/__=-| -GM
/ Hero of Kiwis everwhere / * \ | |
/ / (o)

Local internet service providers may consider blocking an American
from taking part in online discussions following one of the worst cases of
"flaming" seen in this country.
A mysterious figure calling himself "Bertie the Bunyip" has upset local
Usenet newsgroups after a bizarre campaign that has included posting fake
photographs of a topless Queen Mother.
If someone burst into a cafe or pub and started yelling obscenities and
abusing everyone in sight, you might expect the manager to throw them out
or call the police.