Old June 26th 10, 09:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Bob Myers

Default Substandard Italian workmanship renders first 787s unsafe

Mxsmanic wrote:
Flaps_50! writes:

Where in the article does it say the Italian parts are substandard?
As I read it it's an assembly problem (shimming and bolt torque)
which takes place in the US...

Yes. The defects are in the assembly, not the hardware itself (as I
understood the article). Thus, unqualified or careless workers,
inadequate QC, etc., which, unfortunately, is exactly what I'd expect
from an average Italian supplier.

And is your experience with supplier selection and qualification
as extensive as, say, your experience in piloting?

Bob M.