Old October 30th 10, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Default FLARM.....for good, or evil??

On Oct 29, 3:15*pm, Bart wrote:
On Oct 27, 7:45*am, Kevin Christner wrote:

You are confusing cause and effect. *Your CHOICE to take more risk
CAUSES you to wear a parachute. *Your CHOICE to fly in competition
will CAUSE (force) you to use a FLARM. *You made choices independent
of equipment. *The equipment didnt cause you to take more risk.

A parachute strapped to my back may cause me to decide to spin down at
the end of a local soaring flight if I happen to have some altitude to
waste. Lack of a parachute will cause me to pull the brakes in such a
situation.

Just an example.

B.

Again the equipment did not cause you to take more risk. You chose to
spin down. The parachute didn't cause you to do it.

Just an example.