Old August 8th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
KP[_2_]

Default Abrupt Controller

"Kobra" wrote in message
. ..
Where was your readback?

I read it back and just like me he heard what his brain expected to hear:
'unable' when I actually said 'when able' . I wish I thought of that
while I was being reprimanded. I was just too busy flying, being
embarrassed and head scratching trying to figure out how this whole
misunderstanding took place.

But as I said before, the big issue with me was the way he snapped. I
just think he was a young man, given a little authority, probably a junior
trainee controller sitting with him, I'm in charge and fear me attitude
and probably having a bad day.

Kobra

Yeah, he got the phraseology bass-ackward.

Yeah, he gave you a ration you probably didn't have coming.

Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he just got told he's going to the
sandbox for another 13 months; for his second or third time. Maybe he was a
trainee trying to impress his trainer with his "control." Maybe a lot of
things.

If anyone else in the facility heard the exchange he's likely already gotten
some wall-to-wall counseling.

**** happens :-/ Be the adult and drive on.